WFH is now New-Normal & Very soon, it will bring the “Hybrid” Model.
2 years back, using your Expert Inter-personal Skills you were able to connect to the Teams & Get work done easily, but, NOW ?
It’s time to Revamp your Leadership Skills to manage / lead this new Virtual World.So, Let’s get Started:
- In the absence of physical interaction, the chances of miscommunication and misunderstanding while leading a WFH Team are Higher. To Solve that —
- Provide Enough Details in One Go. Eliminate ambiguous communications.
- Devote Time. Schedule Group as well as Individual Regular Meetings.
- Must use of Collaboration Tool , like - Teams, Slack, Skype etc.
2) Emotional Intelligence
- It’s all about understanding and managing your own emotions and interactions with your Team.
- Strengthens your relationships with Teammates and Helps them to Deal with Circumstances.
- It will benefit the organization with improved culture, and engagement level.
3) Lead with Empathy
- While leading the WFH Teams, it is essential to pay extra attention to Verbal and Non-Verbal Cues. For that, Use Webcams / Video conferencing to see facial expressions of your Teams.
- Also, In this tough time, Family & Work-life have fused for many. Therefore, Take Time to Listen and Understand how you can help them.
- Provide Resources to up-skill themselves.
- Encouraging them to establish communication outside your relationships
4) Real Expectations
- While working with Remote Teams, it is easy to get caught up in the never-ending meetings / discussions.
- Hence, Setting up the Realistic Expectations from yourself to your team will help to track the progress & stay focused
- Use Online Monitoring / Document sharing / Project Management Tools to measure the performance
- Educate and Develop Practice to Use Tools to increase Productivity
- Setup Weekly Catch-up calls and Talk to your Teammates about how projects are going, what are the obstacles, what support they expect etc.
- I personally believe that, Communicating your Expectations Clearly & Transparently, will help everyone to stay Happy in their Roles.
- A Lot has changed in the past 2 Years, but 2 Things won’t Change:
“Empathy” & “People Connect" - More We Learn, More we can Build the Successful Teams
Subscribe Now for Free Quick-Reads of my Notes on Productivity, Leadership, Life Hacks, Goals, Finance and Book Summaries.