I would like to share this Article from my “Training Notes” on “Strategic and Critical Thinking” from some of the Webinars & Training Sessions.
Strategic thinking can be applied anywhere in your Corporate Life, Business Deals, Startups and Day-to-Day Life as well while dealing with People, Colleagues, Customers or Strangers !!
1) Embrace Strategic thinking
- Questioning Assumptions: Why do we do it that way? What is the need and how to achieve that etc.
- Always Try to Observe the Big Picture in your mind to Things you are Managing, Monitoring or Doing — Project, Team, Progress.
- Adopt the Mindset because breakthrough ideas come with spark and instance
Now, Let’s understand & apply it with Example: Identify below things:
- Goals : Short term and Long Term
- Tactics: Activities that make your Goals, Strategy or Vision come to Life
Let's Apply Strategic Thinking to Get More Details to Achieve It:
- Map your Assets : Skills, Experience, Knowledge As per Above #1 Questioning Assumptions)
- What Relationships you can prioritise
Top — Your Boss > Who is planning you as next Manager, Identify Obstacles : People, Culture, Availability of Resources (As per above #2 Observing)
- Break your Strategy Down into Specific Steps / Action items, which you can derive from #1 and #2 with ETA if possible (As per above #3 Reflecting)
Another big challenge is - How to Check whether Your Strategy is on Right Track or Not:
- Identify Your Assumptions
- Evaluate the Progress at Intervals or After Achieving Specific Milestone
- Get Input and Feedback beforehand from the Team / Colleagues
- Strategic Thinking is On-Going Process: You Can Win with Discipline
You Can Win — By Sticking with Only One Thing & not jumping different things one-by-one !!
How to Develop Strategic Thinking as a Habit:
- Schedule a Strategic Thinking Planner
- Make Accountability Partner (Best friend, Colleague, Boss, Wife)
Subscribe Now for Free Quick-Reads of my Notes on Productivity, Leadership, Life Hacks, Goals, Finance and Book Summaries.