When someone asks for Any Document, then we start searching in Laptop, Mobile and checking never ending Emails !!
When you want to recall the Details of your Last Meeting, About the Person, About that Client/ Company, we keep searching / depend on Others to Help.
Because we don't have any Disciplined Mechanism to Memorize / Retrieve anything. Then, why not - Setup our Own "Second Brain" !!
Human Brains are Designed to Generate Ideas, not to Hold Them
That's why there is a Boom of this new Technique which comes up with a set of Principals, Tools & Eco-System to design your Second Brain, as per Need.
1) Digital note taking system
- Technique to set the Personal Knowledge Management
- Collect all the data (thoughts, ideas, research, reading, images, videos etc.), and then process All of them for your Second Brain
- Identify your own Quick & Efficient Note-Taking Apps:
- Networked Thoughts : Roam Research (Paid), RemNote (Free), LogSeq (Free)
- Personal Workspace : Notion , Click Up
- Librarian / Just keeping Jotting down : Evernote (Free), Crafts (Free)
- On-the-fly Short Note Taking : Drafts , Otter (Voice notes, Transcript etc.)
2) Borrowed Creativity
- "Creativity is all about remixing the stuffs". Good Artist's Copy is, Great Artists Steal.
- Steve Jobs said - "Creativity is Just Connecting Things".
When you ask Creative People how they Did something, they feel a little Guilty because, they didn't do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious after a while.
- Understand and read between the lines :)
3) Capturing Habit
- If you come across any idea, any thoughts around you anytime => then, Start making the notes of it
- Why we should Keep capturing it, because our Brain cannot hold it for long
- Try to Sync your Entire Personal Ecosystem like - Reading articles, Book Highlights, Research Notes, Workplace / Business Notes, Journal etc.
- For this, you can use any Notes taking App mentioned above.
4) Idea Recycling
- Idea has no single use. So important thing is -
- Keep track of all the ideas and thoughts you are noting down.
- Then, Recycle them Periodically > then, Re-process. Otherwise all your important raw ideas/ thoughts will become the Dump like No-Use.
5) Project over the Categories
- Don't just gather all the details, but keep Creating the Categories and move them all under it.
- One of the Great Productivity Books - Getting Things Done , which is based on " The Art of Stress-free Productivity ", shares the Idea that -
Everything is the Project, if it Takes More than 2 Steps to Achieve
- So, Gather all the details about your Goals, Thoughts, Work, Business at OnePlace > Process / Kick-start them together > And, Track them as Projects
6) Slow Burns
- Heavy lift If you will pick any one big project / Goal to accomplish, and keep doing it until that finishes, Then It will block all the ongoing sometimes Important things, which will end as frustration..
- In place of that : Use slow burns
- List Down all the Projects > and, keep moving with them as soon as it comes like a Flow.
- Don't pick just anyone and make it a Life : But, Move slowly with all of them, by giving Consistent & Parallel performance.
7) Start with Abundance
- If you want to Write any Article or Work on Any Topic for your Project or Research then, we try to start from a blank page > Think, How to write > Plan, what to write etc...
- But in place, If you would have a Second Brain Note taking app, then you can just search the thoughts/ ideas there and you will get a bunch of notes/ references to help with Videos / posts etc.
- so, keep writing every bits and bytes > It's worth it.
You Never Know, when it will do miracles.
8) You only Know, What you Make
- If you will just read or watch the Football/ Cricket Matches then you won't become a Good Player. For that, you will have to Play, Run on Ground !
- Similarly, When we engage with doing something by our own, then we can easily memorize that, in place of just reading the existing materials
- So, Keep writing => keep making notes, because it will mentor you > motivate you > push you towards Growth & Real Life !
9) Make it Easier for your Future Self
- Brain is dump of All the thoughts, so don't assume yourself in future, But Write something meaningful which can be easily accessible in Your Future.
- Put yourself in the Notes : Attended seminar notes, meeting discussions, travel memories, podcasts ideas, book highlights=> All are, just notes, notes !!
10) Keep your Ideas Moving
- Don't try to make everything perfect.
- Even if whatever information you have, stored data or gone through tons of podcasts or videos =>
If you Don't Convert them into Meaningful Idea or Don't make it Actionable thing or Don't apply it to your Life , then, It's just a Waste
- So, Don't worry about the system. Because
" There is no perfect system / perfect note taking app => Keep your Ideas moving & Over the period of time - It will be Perfect "
Subscribe Now for Free Quick-Reads of my Notes on Productivity, Leadership, Life Hacks, Goals, Finance and Book Summaries.